December 20, 2014

The most wonderful time of the year...


Christmas is such my favorite time of the year! I look forward to all the baking and decorating and celebrating for months ahead of time. 

Despite all that, I was still completely unprepared this year. With all the traveling I had to do, in addition to some long stints of solo parenting while Kevin was out of town, it was all I could do to get the house decorated by mid-month. 

And given that Virginia has been such a busy, into-everything little toddler, I just couldn't do a big tree this year. Instead I did live table-top tree and decorated it only with our most unbreakable ornaments: soft fabric ornaments from my childhood (and a few from Ikea), and then a collection of small wooden German ornaments that my grandparents brought back from their travels when I was a child. It was small, but kinda perfect. Still, next year I hope we spend more time at home, enjoying the season.








No comments: