February 11, 2014

A Pretty Little Sweater Dress


My January project was knitting this little sweater dress for Virginia. I had to learn all kinds of new techniques like knitting in the round, knitting with double points, and knitting raglan sleeves, but I'm so proud of myself for learning new things. 

Also, the dress is adorable! It's really more of a tunic, because I knit on the tight side, but the length is perfect for my pre-crawler as it doesn't get in the way of her scooting around on the floor. And since it's on the small side, I've got her wearing it, oh, about twice a week, since she is growing like a weed and will probably outgrow it in just a couple of months.

The pattern is "Autumn Frock" from the book Mabel's Closet by Hannah Fettig for Quince and Co., and the yard in Quince and Co. Lark in "Petal." Check out my notes on Ravelry. Fettig's patterns are so lovely, and the yarn and colour choices are so luscious that I'm slowly working through the entire book, pattern by pattern. Look out next month for stripes!








No comments: