February 21, 2012

Archer is on the move ...


Although I said yesterday that my recent hibernation has kept me from blogging this past month, another big reason I haven't been on the computer much is because my youngest has been demanding my vigilant attention. A little over a month ago Archer started to crawl. A few days later he could pull himself up into a stand. Then the climbing began ... 

At first it was just the bookshelves. Then he started getting into my cupboards. Then a couple of weeks ago Colin taught him to climb stairs. Now Archer can climb up all 12 of our stairs. And, yes, in case you are wondering, he has also fallen down them.

I'm sure Colin must have gone through this, too, but I don't remember it being such a headache. Of course, back then there was just the one child with two parents hovering over him. Now I am at home with the children, and I'm finding the need to be in two places at once rather exhausting.

To give you an idea what it's like, here's a composite of a typical afternoon in our household (make that a typical hour):

Wake up from nap and practice vocalizations ...

Go downstairs ...

Check out the boy in the mirror ...

Start hittin' the bottle ...

Shine the grill ...

Do some art (AKA suck on the markers) ...

Suck on everything ...

Make a mess in my kitchen ...


Make a mess in his kitchen ...

Pull everything off the shelves ...


Find new ways to swipe Colin's toys ... 

"Why are you lookin' at me? I don't know where your lens cap is ..."

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Oh Sarah, this is too funny. Surely he is forgiven for all his mischief with that adorable face. x

P.S. Your drawers are soo spotless, mine are full of crumbs and escapee cheerios!