January 1, 2012

At Seven Months ...


It's been a busy month, so I'm just getting this in under the wire, but technically Archer is still seven months old for another week so here goes ...

At seven months, Archer ...

-weighs 18.5 pounds and is 25 inches long. This puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and the 25th percentile for height, which makes him stocky. Must be those Beach genes, although I still think he takes after my side of the family in terms of good looks ;)

-is so mobile! He sits, he stands, he crawls, and as of this weekend he pulls himself up. Kevin says he even saw Archer pull himself all the way onto a low shelf that we have in the living room. Was Colin this mobile at such a young age? I doubt it. But no doubt Archer's physical precociousness is due to wanting to keep up with a big brother who never stops moving.

-has become very vocal. No longer content to just babble and blow raspberries, Archer wants to be a part of the conversation, and, in this house, that means he has to compete with some very big talkers. So far, Archer has discovered that being the loudest gets everyone's attention, even if no one knows what you're saying.

-is such a curious, easy-going, and happy baby. I still get stopped by strangers who are amazed by his cheerful good nature and constant smile, but this month his dominant trait seems to be his curiosity. This baby is into everything--and likes to put everything in his mouth, including (eek!) a broken Christmas ornament! Fortunately, I got to him quickly that time, but I can tell I'm going to have to grow eyes in the back of my head for this one. 






(Pictures were all taken at our weekly play group.)

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Yay, I can see pictures again and Archer is looking adorable. x