May 11, 2010

A table of his very own...


After much begging and whining (on my part), we finally bought Colin a little pint-sized table and chairs over the weekend. I'd been angling to get one for months, but Kevin though Colin was too young. Well, once Colin started refusing to sit in his highchair and insisted on climbing up on the big chairs to sit at the adult table, I won my battle. My insistence on getting a table that was his size was so that we could finally have someplace to sit down and make "art" together. Some of the happiest hours of my childhood were when I was coloring, drawing, or painting, and I couldn't wait to share this with him.

But it turns out there are a few things he is still too young to do, and drawing might just be one of them. We managed to do a little drawing, but he mostly wanted to eat the crayons or else roll them across the table and onto the floor so that the dog could eat them. No worries, we'll try again every now and then until the time is right. In the meantime, Colin has found plenty of other uses for his new table and chairs, namely climbing on them to reach all of the awesome stuff that Mama put out-of-reach on the mantle.


No comments: