May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!

Happy Mothers' Day to all the mothers--and "allomothers"--out there! I think I'm beginning to enjoy this manufactured holiday even more than I enjoy my own birthday. Birthdays can happen in the middle of the week, offering no respite from the drudgery of work and work-a-day routine. But Mothers' Day always comes on a Sunday (the best day of the week, in my opinion, because it's supposed to be a day of rest), and it's preceded by weeks of marketing blitz reminding fathers to take note.

This Mothers' Day brought a trip to our favorite local diner (which is better than breakfast-in-bed because there's nothing to clean up afterwards), visits to two local bookstores, and a trip to the pool. It probably sounds like a lot, but it was actually the most restful day I've had in months! A big hug and a kiss to my two favorite men who made it possible.

And in keeping with this little tradition we've started, here's my Second-Annual Mothers' Day Portrait (or three):



2 comments:

Rachael said...

Yearly portraits are such a good idea and you guys are so cute! Glad you had a great mother's day!

Sarah said...

we love it