March 16, 2009

Baby Shower

Some lady friends of ours threw us a baby shower yesterday, and despite the blinding snow falling outside, a dozen women showed up (mostly to hold baby Colin, I think). They showered Colin with hugs and kisses and cute outfits and his very own Radio Flyer wagon. And they showered me with lots of good advice, which is perhaps not surprising considering that there was over 200 years of accumulated child-rearing experience present in the room. One lady-friend even offered to babysit for us sometime, knowing that Kevin and I have no family nearby to step in and give us a night off. And a night off -- and some "adult time" alone with my husband -- would be the greatest gift of all.


P.S. The ladies made the cake and all the decorations themselves, which I thought was terribly clever.

No comments: