September 22, 2011

Quiet Time


5:00 p.m. My favourite time of day. Kevin's home and takes the kids outside, and I go to the kitchen to cook dinner. Alone.

I don't actually like cooking all that much, but I do like to eat well. And so until the day when I can afford to eat out every evening this means I have to cook dinner.

But after a day of looking after two little boys, I don't mind the cooking. It means I get to do something creative, from start to finish, with no interruptions. I get to look out my kitchen window at the changing seasons. And I get to sip my beer in quiet solitude.

What's your favourite time of day?

2 comments:

Vicky said...

8.30pm, when they are all in bed and I can flip up the lazy boy and go "aaahhhh". x

Sarah Ligon said...

Yeah, if I'm being truly honest, that's my favourite time, too. It just doesn't happen every night.