April 23, 2011

A Little Easter Crafting

I was really excited that Colin would finally be old enough this this year to hunt Easter Eggs. What I was less excited about was the mess of hard-boiling and dying the eggs and then having Colin break them or worse--the dog eat them! (Also, our eggs cost $5.00 a dozen, so I was less than excited about sacrificing them, even for one of my favourite holidays.)

Instead, I hit upon the idea of painting Easter Eggs! The craft store sells wooden eggs, and given my aesthetic prejudice against all things plastic, I couldn't resist. Also, this way we can use the same eggs year after year. Just spray them with Kilz and you have a fresh canvas whenever you want. So last weekend, we all sat down as a family and painted our Easter Eggs--even Colin. (Can you guess which ones he painted?)

The best part is that we've been able to hunt Easter Eggs all week in the comfort of our living room--and it's a good thing, too, since there's still quite a bit of snow on the ground outside!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love it! You are such a creative mama. I hope you all have a very happy Easter! Peace, Rachel